I think I’ve formed a good habit of noting some verses that strike me while studying the bible. Today, I begin a journal of them on my blog, for my edification and for every other persons’; so that we may learn to live in the light of God’s word.
Here are a portion of today’s favourites:
5. Blessed are those who find strength in you. Their hearts are on the road that leads to you.
6. As they pass through a valley where balsam trees grow, they make it a place of springs.
11. The Lord God is a sun and shield. The Lord grants favour and honour. He does not hold back any blessing from those who live innocently.
Songs of Sol. 8: 6. … devotion is as unyielding as the grave…
24. … I am the Lord, I cut down tall trees, and I make small trees grow tall. I dry up green trees and I make dry trees grow…
18. God’s anger is revealed from heaven against every ungodly and immoral thing people do as they try to suppress the truth by their immoral living.
21. They knew God and did not praise him and thank him for being God. Instead, their thoughts were pointless, and their misguided minds were plunged into darkness.
22. While claiming to be wise, they became fools.
23. They exchanged the glory of the immortal God for statues that looked like mortal humans, birds, animals and snakes.
24. For this reason God allowed their lusts to control them…
25. These people have exchanged God’s truth for a lie. So they have become ungodly and serve what is created rather than the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen!
26. For this reason God allowed their shameful passions to control them.
28. And because they thought it was worthless to acknowledge God, God allowed their own immoral minds to control them.
7. He will give everlasting life to those who search for glory, honour and immortality by persisting in doing what is good. But he will bring anger and fury on those who in selfish pride refuse to believe the truth and who follow what is wrong.
11. God does not play favorites.
I pray that we are able to access the power of God in each of the verses, amen.